What You Need
In order for us to prepare your CIS tax return for the tax year we need to have details of your work engagements between 6th April and the 5th April for that tax year.
- Copies of any correspondence received from HM Revenue & Customs.
- A note of the date you commenced self-employment and whether you have completed a Tax Return in the past.
- Details of your income whether self-employed / umbrella or employed (P60 / P11d / P45, payslips, sales invoices, Monthly CIS Deduction Statements, remittance advice etc).
- If possible, copies of your bank statements for the year(s) in question in order to cross reference your income details and obtain any expenses.
- Details of any expenditure incurred from your self-employment (motor expenses i.e. petrol, parking, insurance, repairs, road tax etc, travel expenses (train/bus etc), telephone (inc. mobile), equipment/consumables, materials/tools/hire, protective clothing, public liability insurance, training costs etc). If you have not kept the invoices/receipts in respect of these, please just make a note of the costs incurred and we will provide you with an estimated expenses form.
- Details of any benefits received in the form a P45 or P60 from the Job Centre or a letter from them confirming your taxable benefits received in the year.
For further assistance with your CIS tax return, fill out the contact form or you can call us on 020 8424 8464.