How do I register as self employed?

Its very easy but can be time consuming to register as self employed. We list below how to apply for a Unique Tax Reference Number (UTR) – registering as self-employed.

Follow the two steps below.

Step 1 – We would recommend registering online by following the below link:-

Step 2 – Alternatively, you can call the tax office on 0845 915 4515. You can also register as a Subcontractor (CIS) at the same time.

Once you have made contact with them you will need to provide the following information:-

Name and address
Date of Birth
National Insurance Number
Type of work (e.g. general construction etc)
Date started (today’s date or earlier)
Name of previous employer (if applicable)

Any problems, please do not hesitate to contact us. If you require any further assistance with this matter please get in contact with us on 0208 424 8464.

Read More | Posted in Blog