How do I register as self employed?

Its very easy but can be time consuming to register as self employed. We list below how to apply for a Unique Tax Reference Number (UTR) – registering as self-employed.

Follow the two steps below.

Step 1 – We would recommend registering online

Step 2 – Alternatively, you can call the tax office on 0845 915 4515. You can also register as a Subcontractor (CIS) at the same time.

Once you have made contact with them you will need to provide the following information:-

  • Name and address
  • Date of Birth
  • National Insurance Number
  • Type of work (e.g. general construction etc)
  • Date started (today’s date or earlier)
  • Name of previous employer (if applicable)

If you need any assistance, please fill out the contact form below and we will be more than happy to help you through the process.