Norton Bridges - CIS Accountants

Norton Bridges - CIS Accountants

Norton Bridges - CIS Accountants

CIS Accountants - New To Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)

New to Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) ?

Are you new to the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) ?

Is this your first time completing a Tax Return for yourself?

CIS Accountants - How Do I Sign Up

How Do I Sign Up?

See how we can assist you with your CIS Tax Return

We can guide through the process of filing your tax return

CIS Accountants - FAQs


Do you know your P45 from your P60 or how to get a tax refund?

Are you still unsure or have further questions?

Who are Norton Bridges – CIS Accountants?

Norton Bridges & Co. Limited are CIS accountants based in Stanmore, London who offer specialised tax services to those who work in the construction industry under the CIS tax scheme.

Established for over 17 years, we have successfully assisted 1,000s of clients in obtaining tax refunds from HMRC.

We offer a fixed fee service with no upfront fees or hidden costs.

What is the Construction Industry (CIS) Scheme?

The Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) is a tax deduction scheme where contractors deduct money at source from a subcontractor’s payments and pass it to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

The deductions count as advance payments towards the subcontractor’s tax and National Insurance.

Contractors must register for the scheme. Subcontractors don’t have to register, but deductions are taken from their payments at a higher rate if they’re not registered.

Latest From Our Blog

Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) Basics

What is the Contrustion Industry Scheme (CIS)? In the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS), contractors deduct money from subcontractors’ payments and pass it on to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). Subcontractor deductions count as advance payments towards the subcontractor’s taxes and NI. Contractors must register for the scheme. Subcontractors are not required to register, but if…

P800: What To Do If HMRC Send You One

If you’ve paid the wrong amount of tax in any of the last few tax years, HM Revenue and Customs may send you a “P800 calculation”. Why might this happen? And what should you do if you receive one? What is a P800?A P800 or Simple Assessment tax calculation is notification from HMRC that you…

Tax Return Penalty: What To Do?

As you are probably aware if you have not filed your self assessment tax return or paid your tax late then unfortunately you may be liable to a tax return penalty. If you feel that you have a valid reason for submitting your tax return late then you can speak to HMRC and they will…

HMRC Security Checks

What does it mean when HMRC are doing security checks? If you submit a self-assessment tax return which results in a repayment of tax, HMRC undertakes a number of routine security checks to ensure that the claim is genuine. This means that HMRC may write to you and ask that you confirm your identity. This…